- 2 egg yolks
- 150g Anchor sour cream
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 100g Kapiti Smoked Havarti – grated
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 50g mixed wild mushrooms
- 4 x 2cm thick rye bread toasted
- 5g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 4–5 sprigs asparagus washed & trimmed
- Pinch chopped thyme
- 2.5 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 150 ml spiced Romesco sauce
- Pre- heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and the grated cheese in a bowl and whisk well until smooth.
- Toast the bread on both sides and spread most of the Romesco on each side saving a little for serving.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto the toasted bread and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in for 5–6 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Slice the wild mushrooms and add to a hot pan and fry with butter, season well.
- Finish with a little chopped thyme.
- Lightly oil and season the asparagus before chargrilling for no more than 2 minutes.
- Remove toasted Welsh rarebit from the oven and serve on a board with mushrooms, asparagus, honey comb onto a board and pour the mushrooms out evenly with all the juices included, top with the asparagus and fresh honeycomb and the remaining Romesco on the side for dipping.
Allow both cheese and honeycomb to reach room temperature to produce the best results. A light shaving of MSR Parmesan at the end will allow you to move into cheesetopia!
You may also like
Ultimate Spanish Eggs
Filled with smoky aromas, this skillet made dish provides a perfect bed to showcase our delicate Ramara.
Kapiti Ramara & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Ramara, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Baked Ramara with Fig & Almond Chutney
Creamy baked Kāpiti Ramara cheese with an arrestingly sharp fig and almond chutney.
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.