3 HOURS 10 MINS
- 10 scoops of Kāpiti Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 slices of bacon
- 120ml Double Cream
- 300g sugar
- 240ml maple syrup
- 120ml water
- 300g unsalted butter
- 100g mixed nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan, until very crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, drain on paper towels and dice in to small cubes.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat, add the cream and let it stand for 30 mins.
- In a separate pan heat 100g of sugar until it melts and becomes a dark amber colour, then add 70g of butter and the bacon infused cream and stir until the butter has melted.
- Stir quickly until smooth and pour into a jar. The caramel sauce will thicken as it cools.
- In a large saucepan combine the rest of the sugar, maple syrup and water.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved, then add the rest of the butter. Using a sugar thermometer, continue to heat until the mixture reaches 280°f then add vanilla, salt, bacon and nuts.
- Remove from heat and gradually add baking soda. This will cause the mixture to foam. Quickly and carefully pour mixture onto baking tray and let it cool.
- When ready to serve, crack the brittle and dress with generous scoops of Kāpiti Vanilla Ice Cream with the brittle and caramel sauce.
You may also like
Kāpiti Feijoa & Pear Sorbet Mojito
A refreshing summer kick with our own Kāpiti twist. Invigorating flavours delivered in an ice cold package. Perfect.
Chocolate Riot Milkshake
How do we know every chocolate addict is in need of their next fix? Well we are too! That’s why we made this milkshake with a decent kick.
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
Drunken Fig & Gingernut Ice Cream Terrine
Layers of drunken gingernuts covered with our favourite Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream. Perfection.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.