Chocolate Macaroons with Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
Ice Cream Creations
Made with Kāpiti Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
With jagged peaks and a marbled colour, these chocolate macaroons are a beautiful mess. Sandwich our Triple chocolate ice cream between them and get stuck in.
- 1 litre Kāpiti Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 70g caster sugar
- 230g pure icing sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 40g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Non-stick baking paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Whisk egg whites and caster sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form enough to turn the bowl upside down without it falling out.
- Continue to whip for one-two more minutes.
- Sift the ground almond, icing sugar and salt together in a separate bowl, discarding any almond lumps that are too big to pass through the sieve.
- Fold the almond mix into the egg white mixture for approx. 20-40 folds with a rubber spatula.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and fold for approx. 10 folds.
- The mixture should have a marble quality and be smooth and very viscous, not runny.
- Dollop the mixture onto a baking tray, spacing them evenly apart.
- Firmly tap the baking tray to stop them from cracking and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and store until ready.
- To serve slice wedges of Kāpiti Triple Chocolate Ice Cream roughly the same diameter as the base of the macaroons.
- Pick two similar sized macaroons and sandwich your wedge of Kāpiti Triple Chocolate Ice Cream between them. Devour.
You may also like
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream.
Bacon Pumpkin Pie
A melt in the mouth recipe that diverts from the ordinary. The combination of salty and sweet elements can’t be beaten.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.