- 1L Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream
- 200ml cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter approx.
- 12 large figs
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 100ml Cointreau
- 1 packet of Griffin's Gingernuts
- Add cream and sugar into a small saucepan and boil over a medium heat for five minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Chop 6 figs into small pieces, stir through the syrup and set aside to cool.
- In a shallow dish combine orange juice and Cointreau.
- Dip each ginger nut in the mixture for 20 seconds and rest on a plate.
- Remove Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream from freezer so it begins to soften.
- Line a loaf tin with a double layer of glad wrap, with plenty over hanging.
- Place two-three scoops of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream in the bottom of the tin and press out to get an even layer.
- Cover with Gingernuts, roughly broken.
- Pour some sticky syrup over and repeat.
- For the final layer (which will be the bottom of the terrine) cover completely with Gingernuts.
- Wrap the glad wrap over the top and place into the freezer overnight.
- Serve with figs, fresh or grilled, with a little sugar sprinkled over the top, candied oranges, fresh whipped cream and walnuts.
You may also like
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Affogato Ice Cream Sandwich
This crushed chocolate and coffee inspired sandwich is the sweetest idea for an after dinner treat.
Kāpiti Peach & Melon Sorbet Bellini
A Kāpiti twist on the classic Bellini. Fruity and flirty.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.