- 1L Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream
- 200ml cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter approx.
- 12 large figs
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 100ml Cointreau
- 1 packet of Griffin's Gingernuts
- Add cream and sugar into a small saucepan and boil over a medium heat for five minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Chop 6 figs into small pieces, stir through the syrup and set aside to cool.
- In a shallow dish combine orange juice and Cointreau.
- Dip each ginger nut in the mixture for 20 seconds and rest on a plate.
- Remove Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream from freezer so it begins to soften.
- Line a loaf tin with a double layer of glad wrap, with plenty over hanging.
- Place two-three scoops of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream in the bottom of the tin and press out to get an even layer.
- Cover with Gingernuts, roughly broken.
- Pour some sticky syrup over and repeat.
- For the final layer (which will be the bottom of the terrine) cover completely with Gingernuts.
- Wrap the glad wrap over the top and place into the freezer overnight.
- Serve with figs, fresh or grilled, with a little sugar sprinkled over the top, candied oranges, fresh whipped cream and walnuts.
You may also like
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Gingernut Tropical Sundae
Treat yourself to a mish-mash of refreshing tropical flavours - ginger, pineapple, lime and coconut. Best enjoyed cold when it’s hot outside!
Black Doris Blow Out Milkshake
Feel like a blow out? You’ve come to the right shake!
Spiced Apple Crumble Sundae
It’s the moreish taste of tangy apples and ice cream packed with all the sweet, sweet extras.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.