Fig & Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Ice Cream Creations
Made with Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream
Textured with dried fig and chock full of ginger, this is an ice cream sandwich with a difference.
- 1L of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream
- 2 cups standard flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 3/4 cup dried Turkish figs, roughly chopped quite small
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, roughly chopped quite small
- 250g dark chocolate
- 40g freeze dried raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add egg to butter mixture and blend again to combine.
- Add the blended mixture to the prepared dry ingredients and mix through dried fruit.
- Fold mixture until well combined.
- Divide into 16 equal balls and place on baking tray.
- Flatten each ball with the back of a teaspoon and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown on top and slightly soft to touch.
- While cookies are cooling, gently melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- When cookies are completely cool to touch, scoop a heaped tablespoon of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream onto the bottom side of one, sandwich together with another, sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries and dunk half into chocolate.
- Transfer to a baking paper lined tray and place into the freezer for one hour before serving.
You may also like
Chocolate Macaroons with Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
With jagged peaks and a marbled colour, these chocolate macaroons are a beautiful mess.
Gingernut Tropical Sundae
Treat yourself to a mish-mash of refreshing tropical flavours - ginger, pineapple, lime and coconut. Best enjoyed cold when it’s hot outside!
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Pie
Homely and deceptively simple. But don’t tell that to anyone else…
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.