- 1L of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream
- 2 cups standard flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 3/4 cup dried Turkish figs, roughly chopped quite small
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, roughly chopped quite small
- 250g dark chocolate
- 40g freeze dried raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add egg to butter mixture and blend again to combine.
- Add the blended mixture to the prepared dry ingredients and mix through dried fruit.
- Fold mixture until well combined.
- Divide into 16 equal balls and place on baking tray.
- Flatten each ball with the back of a teaspoon and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown on top and slightly soft to touch.
- While cookies are cooling, gently melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- When cookies are completely cool to touch, scoop a heaped tablespoon of Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream onto the bottom side of one, sandwich together with another, sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries and dunk half into chocolate.
- Transfer to a baking paper lined tray and place into the freezer for one hour before serving.
You may also like
Affogato Ice Cream Sandwich
This crushed chocolate and coffee inspired sandwich is the sweetest idea for an after dinner treat.
Black Doris Blow Out Milkshake
Feel like a blow out? You’ve come to the right shake!
Drunken Fig & Gingernut Ice Cream Terrine
Layers of drunken gingernuts covered with our favourite Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream. Perfection.
White Chocolate & Raspberry Eton Mess
This eton mess presents a perfect balance of delicate flavours and textures.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.