- 100g dried apricot
- 60ml white rum
- 100g raisins
- 60ml dark rum
- 1L Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream
- 200g dark or white chocolate
- Place the apricots in a saucepan with the white rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Place the raisins in a saucepan with the dark rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Let the apricots and raisins cool in the rum (overnight is great for this as the fruit soaks up the rum).
- If you don’t soak them overnight, you will need to drain off the excess rum.
- Scoop the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream into a bowl and leave for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Stir the apricots and raisins into the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream.
- Divide the mixture between 6 x 150 ml cups or moulds that have been lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for two hours or until very firm.
- Before serving, melt the chocolate and cool slightly.
- Drizzle over the turned out puddings.
- You can return the puddings to the freezer at this point.
You may also like
White Chocolate & Raspberry Eton Mess
This eton mess presents a perfect balance of delicate flavours and textures.
Kāpiti Blood Orange & Cranberry Sorbet Cosmo
A Kāpiti inspired cosmo that would make Carrie proud.
Fig & Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Textured with dried fig and chock full of ginger, this is an ice cream sandwich with a difference.
Vanilla Explosion Milkshake
Like our Vanilla Ice cream, which is anything but Vanilla, our Vanilla Explosion Milkshake will blow your mind. It’s like taking a flavour trip round the U. S of Awesome!
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.