- 100g dried apricot
- 60ml white rum
- 100g raisins
- 60ml dark rum
- 1L Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream
- 200g dark or white chocolate
- Place the apricots in a saucepan with the white rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Place the raisins in a saucepan with the dark rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Let the apricots and raisins cool in the rum (overnight is great for this as the fruit soaks up the rum).
- If you don’t soak them overnight, you will need to drain off the excess rum.
- Scoop the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream into a bowl and leave for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Stir the apricots and raisins into the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream.
- Divide the mixture between 6 x 150 ml cups or moulds that have been lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for two hours or until very firm.
- Before serving, melt the chocolate and cool slightly.
- Drizzle over the turned out puddings.
- You can return the puddings to the freezer at this point.
You may also like
Kāpiti Gingernut with Sriracha & Chilli
Spicy, sweet, creamy and crispy. An Asian-influenced dessert, with Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream, Sriracha chili & crispy noodles.
This tangy coulis adds bite and contrast to its icy sweetness, creating the perfect dessert.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Pie
Homely and deceptively simple. But don’t tell that to anyone else…
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.