- 100g dried apricot
- 60ml white rum
- 100g raisins
- 60ml dark rum
- 1L Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream
- 200g dark or white chocolate
- Place the apricots in a saucepan with the white rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Place the raisins in a saucepan with the dark rum and gently bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Let the apricots and raisins cool in the rum (overnight is great for this as the fruit soaks up the rum).
- If you don’t soak them overnight, you will need to drain off the excess rum.
- Scoop the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream into a bowl and leave for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Stir the apricots and raisins into the Kāpiti Gingernut ice cream.
- Divide the mixture between 6 x 150 ml cups or moulds that have been lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for two hours or until very firm.
- Before serving, melt the chocolate and cool slightly.
- Drizzle over the turned out puddings.
- You can return the puddings to the freezer at this point.
You may also like
Triple Chocolate and Orange Affogato
Enhance the richness of our Kāpiti Triple chocolate ice cream with tangy citrus flavours and freshly brewed espresso.
Affogato Ice Cream Sandwich
This crushed chocolate and coffee inspired sandwich is the sweetest idea for an after dinner treat.
Palmiers with Vanilla Ice Cream & Port
A perfect after dinner treat for the grown ups.
Gingernut Tropical Sundae
Treat yourself to a mish-mash of refreshing tropical flavours - ginger, pineapple, lime and coconut. Best enjoyed cold when it’s hot outside!
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.