- 2L Kāpiti Vanilla Ice Cream
- 100g malt biscuit or biscuit of your choice
- 40g melted butter
- 3 large strawberries
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Method for Puree:
- Cut strawberries in half.
- In a saucepan over hulled medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla essence, stirring continually until sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool and puree 1/3 of mixture then mix back into remaining strawberries. Store in refrigerator.
Method for Pie:
- Use a food processor to blitz the biscuit to a crumble, mix with melted butter and use immediately.
- Line a 8 inch cake tin with glad wrap and build your pie crust as thin or thick as you desire.
- Take the Kāpiti Vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and leave to soften slightly, about 10 minutes until it’s soft but not melted.
- Mix through the strawberry puree and place in the pie tin on top of the crust.
- Freeze for at least one hour or overnight, remove from the tin, and serve with cream and extra strawberries or fruits of your choice.
You may also like
Churros and Triple Chocolate Split with Hot Chipotle Brittle
Chilli and chocolate flavours collide to make this dessert an explosive experience for the taste buds.
Gingernut, Fruit & Rum Ice Cream Puddings
A festive dessert that’s deceptively simple to make, with drunken fruit to enhance the experience.
White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream.
Triple Chocolate and Orange Affogato
Enhance the richness of our Kāpiti Triple chocolate ice cream with tangy citrus flavours and freshly brewed espresso.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.