White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Ice Cream Creations
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream and topped with a warm white chocolate & lemon sauce.
1 HOURS 10 MINS
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250ml water
- 150g flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1L Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, softened
White Chocolate & Lemon Sauce
- 250ml cream
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp limoncello, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the flour and salt and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cover lightly and stand until cool.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture, onto the trays 4cm apart and bake for eight minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and bake a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Using a skewer, pierce the bottom of each profiterole and place back in the oven for 20 minutes to dry out.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, cut the profiteroles in half and fill with a scoop of Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, then sandwich back together.
- Divide between serving plates or bowls and pour over the warm white chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries if desired.
White chocolate & lemon sauce
- Heat the cream and lemon zest in a saucepan to just before the boil.
- Add the chocolate and stir to melt through.
- Stir in the limoncello if using.
- Cool for five minutes before pouring over the profiteroles.
You may also like
Black Doris Blow Out Milkshake
Feel like a blow out? You’ve come to the right shake!
Summer Berry Gin Cocktail
A cheeky hot sunny day combination best enjoyed sipped with friends at the Summer BBQ.
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Churros and Triple Chocolate Split with Hot Chipotle Brittle
Chilli and chocolate flavours collide to make this dessert an explosive experience for the taste buds.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.