White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream and topped with a warm white chocolate & lemon sauce.
1 HOURS 10 MINS
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250ml water
- 150g flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1L Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, softened
White Chocolate & Lemon Sauce
- 250ml cream
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp limoncello, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the flour and salt and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cover lightly and stand until cool.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture, onto the trays 4cm apart and bake for eight minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and bake a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Using a skewer, pierce the bottom of each profiterole and place back in the oven for 20 minutes to dry out.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, cut the profiteroles in half and fill with a scoop of Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, then sandwich back together.
- Divide between serving plates or bowls and pour over the warm white chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries if desired.
White chocolate & lemon sauce
- Heat the cream and lemon zest in a saucepan to just before the boil.
- Add the chocolate and stir to melt through.
- Stir in the limoncello if using.
- Cool for five minutes before pouring over the profiteroles.
You may also like
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
Chocolate Macaroons with Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
With jagged peaks and a marbled colour, these chocolate macaroons are a beautiful mess.
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Gingernut Tropical Sundae
Treat yourself to a mish-mash of refreshing tropical flavours - ginger, pineapple, lime and coconut. Best enjoyed cold when it’s hot outside!
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.