White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Ice Cream Creations
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream and topped with a warm white chocolate & lemon sauce.
1 HOURS 10 MINS
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250ml water
- 150g flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1L Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, softened
White Chocolate & Lemon Sauce
- 250ml cream
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp limoncello, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the flour and salt and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cover lightly and stand until cool.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture, onto the trays 4cm apart and bake for eight minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and bake a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Using a skewer, pierce the bottom of each profiterole and place back in the oven for 20 minutes to dry out.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, cut the profiteroles in half and fill with a scoop of Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream, then sandwich back together.
- Divide between serving plates or bowls and pour over the warm white chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries if desired.
White chocolate & lemon sauce
- Heat the cream and lemon zest in a saucepan to just before the boil.
- Add the chocolate and stir to melt through.
- Stir in the limoncello if using.
- Cool for five minutes before pouring over the profiteroles.
You may also like
Gingernut, Fruit & Rum Ice Cream Puddings
A festive dessert that’s deceptively simple to make, with drunken fruit to enhance the experience.
Black Doris Blow Out Milkshake
Feel like a blow out? You’ve come to the right shake!
Red Velvet, Raspberry & White Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
We’ve enhanced the red velvet cake by smothering it in our favourite Kāpiti ice cream.
Mini Gingernut & Plum Trifles
Our specially constructed Kāpiti version of a trifle. Far from traditional.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.