Triple Chocolate and Orange Affogato
Made with Kāpiti Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
Enhance the richness of our Kāpiti Triple chocolate ice cream with tangy citrus flavours and freshly brewed espresso. Triple Chocolate and Orange Affogato using Kāpiti’s Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
Candied Orange Zest
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 250ml freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 100 ml Grand Marnier liqueur (you can replace the Grand Marnier with brandy or another liqueur, but it won’t have the orange flavor if you do.)
- 1L Kāpiti Triple Chocolate ice cream
Candied Orange Zest
- Using a citrus zester, peel the zest from an orange and place in a saucepan with quarter of a cup of sugar and quarter of a cup of water.
- Bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar and then simmer for about five minutes.
- Cool and store the orange in the syrup.
- Place the espresso, sugar, orange zest and Grand Marnier in a small saucepan and heat very gently for 5 minutes, do not boil. Strain.
- Place scoops of Kāpiti Triple Chocolate ice cream into serving glasses and pour over the hot syrup.
- Garnish with candied orange zest if desired. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Triple Chocolate Mud Cake
This moist and melt and in the mouth dessert pairs perfectly with our White chocolate and raspberry ice cream.
Black Doris Almond Croissant
Sweet Central Otago plums and the tartness of Crème Fraîche make this a delightful French twist on an ice cream sandwich.
Kāpiti Feijoa & Pear Sorbet Mojito
A refreshing summer kick with our own Kāpiti twist. Invigorating flavours delivered in an ice cold package. Perfect.
Gingernut Tropical Sundae
Treat yourself to a mish-mash of refreshing tropical flavours - ginger, pineapple, lime and coconut. Best enjoyed cold when it’s hot outside!
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.