Triple Chocolate Mud Cake
Ice Cream Creations
A rich and decadent mud cake. This moist and melt and in the mouth dessert pairs perfectly with our White chocolate and raspberry ice cream.
1 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 litre Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice cream
- 400g dark chocolate (70%)
- 200g butter
- 170g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g muscovado sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 75ml buttermilk
- 250ml cream
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Butter a 20cm round cake tin and line the base.
- Pre-heat the oven to fan 140°C.
- Add 200g of dark chocolate, 200g butter and 100ml of cold water into a saucepan, warm through over a low heat just until everything is melted.
- Whisk 3 medium eggs & stir in buttermilk in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar & cocoa powder.
- Then combine the egg mixture and the melted chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and beat until smooth and runny.
- Pour this into the tin and bake for 1hr 30mins, and then cool on a wire rack.
- To make the sauce, chop 200g good quality dark chocolate and place into a bowl.
- Pour the cream into a pan, add 2 Tbsp of caster sugar, and heat until it is about to boil.
- Take off the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and then leave to cool.
- When the cake is cold, and you’re ready to serve, cut it horizontally into two, sandwich the layers together with Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream and cover the cake in chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
You may also like
White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream Filled Profiteroles
Light and crispy profiteroles filled with rich and creamy Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry ice cream.
Spiced Apple Crumble Sundae
It’s the moreish taste of tangy apples and ice cream packed with all the sweet, sweet extras.
Kāpiti Gingernut with Sriracha & Chilli
Spicy, sweet, creamy and crispy. An Asian-influenced dessert, with Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream, Sriracha chili & crispy noodles.
Kāpiti Peach & Melon Sorbet Bellini
A Kāpiti twist on the classic Bellini. Fruity and flirty.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.