Triple Chocolate Mud Cake
A rich and decadent mud cake. This moist and melt and in the mouth dessert pairs perfectly with our White chocolate and raspberry ice cream.
1 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 litre Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice cream
- 400g dark chocolate (70%)
- 200g butter
- 170g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g muscovado sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 75ml buttermilk
- 250ml cream
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Butter a 20cm round cake tin and line the base.
- Pre-heat the oven to fan 140°C.
- Add 200g of dark chocolate, 200g butter and 100ml of cold water into a saucepan, warm through over a low heat just until everything is melted.
- Whisk 3 medium eggs & stir in buttermilk in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar & cocoa powder.
- Then combine the egg mixture and the melted chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and beat until smooth and runny.
- Pour this into the tin and bake for 1hr 30mins, and then cool on a wire rack.
- To make the sauce, chop 200g good quality dark chocolate and place into a bowl.
- Pour the cream into a pan, add 2 Tbsp of caster sugar, and heat until it is about to boil.
- Take off the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and then leave to cool.
- When the cake is cold, and you’re ready to serve, cut it horizontally into two, sandwich the layers together with Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream and cover the cake in chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
You may also like
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
Triple Chocolate and Orange Affogato
Enhance the richness of our Kāpiti Triple chocolate ice cream with tangy citrus flavours and freshly brewed espresso.
Drunken Fig & Gingernut Ice Cream Terrine
Layers of drunken gingernuts covered with our favourite Kāpiti Gingernut Ice Cream. Perfection.
Black Doris Blow Out Milkshake
Feel like a blow out? You’ve come to the right shake!
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.