Triple Chocolate Mud Cake
Ice Cream Creations
A rich and decadent mud cake. This moist and melt and in the mouth dessert pairs perfectly with our White chocolate and raspberry ice cream.
1 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 litre Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice cream
- 400g dark chocolate (70%)
- 200g butter
- 170g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g muscovado sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 75ml buttermilk
- 250ml cream
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Butter a 20cm round cake tin and line the base.
- Pre-heat the oven to fan 140°C.
- Add 200g of dark chocolate, 200g butter and 100ml of cold water into a saucepan, warm through over a low heat just until everything is melted.
- Whisk 3 medium eggs & stir in buttermilk in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar & cocoa powder.
- Then combine the egg mixture and the melted chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and beat until smooth and runny.
- Pour this into the tin and bake for 1hr 30mins, and then cool on a wire rack.
- To make the sauce, chop 200g good quality dark chocolate and place into a bowl.
- Pour the cream into a pan, add 2 Tbsp of caster sugar, and heat until it is about to boil.
- Take off the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and then leave to cool.
- When the cake is cold, and you’re ready to serve, cut it horizontally into two, sandwich the layers together with Kāpiti White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream and cover the cake in chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
You may also like
Chocolate Macaroons with Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
With jagged peaks and a marbled colour, these chocolate macaroons are a beautiful mess.
Red Velvet, Raspberry & White Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
We’ve enhanced the red velvet cake by smothering it in our favourite Kāpiti ice cream.
Kāpiti Feijoa & Pear Sorbet Mojito
A refreshing summer kick with our own Kāpiti twist. Invigorating flavours delivered in an ice cold package. Perfect.
Bacon Caramel and Brittle Sundae
An extraordinarily smoky bacon caramel culinary experience. What you’ve always wanted to try but never known it.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.