1 HOURS 5 MINS
- 180g butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180g sour cream
- 185g self-raising flour
- 300g white chocolate
- 75g plain flour
- 40g custard powder
- 1 c 800g tin plums, drained, stone removed
- 110g plain flour
- 75g brown sugar
- 80g butter, diced
- 30g sliced almonds
- Combine flour and sugar. Rub butter with flour and sugar with fingers to create uneven lumps.
- Line a large cake pan with baking paper on the bottom and sides.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Fold in flour and custard powder, be careful not to overmix.
- Break up the white chocolate in small pieces.
- Spread half of the cake mix in the large pan.
- Break up the plums and spread over the base on top of the cake mix.
- Sprinkle over half the white chocolate and half the crumble mix.
- Repeat with the rest of the cake mix, plums, white chocolate and rest of the crumble mix.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 45mins. Turn and bake for a further 20mins.
- Leave to cool and then serve with Kāpiti's Natural Yoghurt
You may also like
Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
Want to talk to us about one of our products, a promotion, or our website? Fill in the below form and we’ll endeavour to help as quickly as possible.
On one special night of the year cheese producers from around the country get together to celebrate the finest cheese New Zealand has to offer.
Sticky toffee pudding
This glorious sticky toffee pudding, is the epitome of decadent desserts. Paired with any of the Kāpiti Yoghurt range, it makes it perfectly indulgent.
Orange and Almond Cake
This cake is deliciously moist and citrusy and is the perfect dessert to serve with Kāpiti's Natural yogurt.
Kapiti Simply Natural Chocolate Mousse Cake
A decadent chocolate mousse cake made with our indulgent thick and creamy natural yoghurt.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.