- 300g orange pulp (2 large oranges)
- 250g Butter, softened
- 250g Sugar
- 6 eggs, seperated (yolks in a small bowl, whites in a larger bowl)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 300g ground almonds
- Wash the oranges and simmer them, unpeeled, in water to cover for 2 hours. Cool, cut them open and remove the seeds. Puree the oranges, including the peel, in a food processor.
- Spray 2 x 8" tins and line with baking paper around the sides.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add yolks, 3 at a time. Beat till only just mixed in.
- In another bowl combine baking powder and ground almonds. Add to creamed butter and sugar mix with orange pulp.
- Whisk eggs whites to soft peaks, fold in small amountof whpiped egg to loosen. Then fold in the rest of the whites. Do not overmix.
- Bake in oven, on the middle shelf at 145 degrees for 30mins. Turn tray around and cook for another 10mins.
- Check middle is not moving, and sides have started to come away and its done.
- Serve with Kapiti's Natural Yoghurt
You may also like
Sticky toffee pudding
This glorious sticky toffee pudding, is the epitome of decadent desserts. Paired with any of the Kāpiti Yoghurt range, it makes it perfectly indulgent.
Kapiti Simply Natural Chocolate Mousse Cake
A decadent chocolate mousse cake made with our indulgent thick and creamy natural yoghurt.
Hawkes Bay Plum & White Chocolate Crumble Cake
This Crumble Cake combines two of the best tasting desserts - Crumble & Cake. Match that with Hawkes Bay Plums and White chocolate served with Kapiti's Natural Yoghurt and you're onto a winner.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.