- 80ml milk
- 1/3 tsp cream of tartar
- 40g canola oil
- 1 small eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 90g flour
- 35g dark cocoa
- 145g sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 100g hot water
- 15g powdered gelatine
- 45mls cold water
- 500g melted chocolate
- 125ml water
- 300g sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 425ml cream - soft whipped
- 425ml Kāpiti Simply Natural Yoghurt
- Preheat over to 150 degrees.
- Place milk and tartar in a small glass, stir and set aside for 5mins
- In a bowl combine the oil, egg and vanilla
- Sift flour, cocoa, sugar baking soda and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- Add milk solution to oil mix.
- Add wet mix to the dry mix.
- Mix to combine, then slowly add hot water and mix until it becomes a batter.
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water. Stir slowly and leave to set.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Put sugar and 125ml water into a pan and leave on stove top.
- Melt chocolate.
- Add cream to another bowl ready to whip.
- Put sugar and water onto a medium heat stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Once sugar has dissolved, take the pan off the heat and slowly whisk in egg yolks. Keep whisking until its all mixed in.
- Put the pan back on the heat and keep cooking till the bottom of the mix starts to get thick.
- Remove from stove and pour through a sieve into a bowl. Add gelatine into hot mix and leave to melt.
- Whip cream until soft.
- Pour melted chocolate into egg mix and beat with electric whisk.
- Get a large bowl, pour in the whipped cream, then the chocolate mix. Whip together until there are no bubbles.
- Pour onto chocolate cake base and place in fridge to set for 4-5 hours.
You may also like
Sticky toffee pudding
This glorious sticky toffee pudding, is the epitome of decadent desserts. Paired with any of the Kāpiti Yoghurt range, it makes it perfectly indulgent.
Orange and Almond Cake
This cake is deliciously moist and citrusy and is the perfect dessert to serve with Kāpiti's Natural yogurt.
Hawkes Bay Plum & White Chocolate Crumble Cake
This Crumble Cake combines two of the best tasting desserts - Crumble & Cake. Match that with Hawkes Bay Plums and White chocolate served with Kapiti's Natural Yoghurt and you're onto a winner.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.