- 50g pitted dates
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 200g butter
- 350g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 90g molasses
- 200ml milk
- 350g all purpose flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 4tsp baking soda
- Preheat over to 165 degrees
- Add the dates, vanilla essence and 350ml sof hot water to a bowl.
- When the dates are cool transfer to a blender and puree.
- In a seperate bowl cream the butter and brown sugar together. Then add the eggs one at a time until combined.
- In another bowl combine molasses and milk.
- In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Incrementally add the flour and milk mixtures to the creamed butter sugar and eggs.
- When the batter is just combined fold in the date puree.
- Spread the batter evenly onto a half sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour, remove from over and cool.
- Serve with any of Kāpiti's deliciously indulgent yoghurts.
You may also like
Orange and Almond Cake
This cake is deliciously moist and citrusy and is the perfect dessert to serve with Kāpiti's Natural yogurt.
Kapiti Simply Natural Chocolate Mousse Cake
A decadent chocolate mousse cake made with our indulgent thick and creamy natural yoghurt.
Hawkes Bay Plum & White Chocolate Crumble Cake
This Crumble Cake combines two of the best tasting desserts - Crumble & Cake. Match that with Hawkes Bay Plums and White chocolate served with Kapiti's Natural Yoghurt and you're onto a winner.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.