- 150g Kapiti Rarama Washed Rind
- 1 Spanish chorizo halved and grilled
- Handful sugar snap peas
- Handful pea shoots
- Crusty Bread
Pickled shallots (quick pickle liquid)
- • 150g shallots
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 100ml water
- 2.5ml salt
- 5ml sugar
- 5ml peppercorns
- 1 sprig thyme
To prepare the pickled shallots:
- Bring vinegar, water, salt, sugar, peppercorns and thyme to the boil.
- Add sliced shallots, take off the heat and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
To prepare Ramara:
- Pre heat oven to 165˚.
- Place Rarama in Bake proof dish and bake for around 10 – 15 minutes until softened but not melted.
- Serve with crusty bread, pickled shallots, char-grilled Chorizo and a sugar snap pea salad.
Kapiti Rarama is best served when at room temperature for at least one hour.
Why not try Kapiti Rarama baked with:
• A drizzle of fruity white wine and fresh herbs.
• A drizzle of Manuka honey.
• Fig & onion chutney with almonds.
You may also like
Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese in this baked pastitisio introduces an electrifying bite to a wholesome dish.
Akatea and Prosciutto plate
A decadent assembly of prosciutto, pickled fruit and Akarua Traditional Brie.
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.