- 150g Kapiti Rarama Washed Rind
- 1 Spanish chorizo halved and grilled
- Handful sugar snap peas
- Handful pea shoots
- Crusty Bread
Pickled shallots (quick pickle liquid)
- • 150g shallots
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 100ml water
- 2.5ml salt
- 5ml sugar
- 5ml peppercorns
- 1 sprig thyme
To prepare the pickled shallots:
- Bring vinegar, water, salt, sugar, peppercorns and thyme to the boil.
- Add sliced shallots, take off the heat and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
To prepare Ramara:
- Pre heat oven to 165˚.
- Place Rarama in Bake proof dish and bake for around 10 – 15 minutes until softened but not melted.
- Serve with crusty bread, pickled shallots, char-grilled Chorizo and a sugar snap pea salad.
Kapiti Rarama is best served when at room temperature for at least one hour.
Why not try Kapiti Rarama baked with:
• A drizzle of fruity white wine and fresh herbs.
• A drizzle of Manuka honey.
• Fig & onion chutney with almonds.
You may also like
Grilled Peach & Blue Cheese Salad
Decorated with Kapiti Kikorangi, this is an easy to assemble yet flavourful salad.
Bee's Knees Cocktail
Kāpiti’s Smoked Havarti is the bee’s knees of cheese. Buttery, smooth and subtly smoky, it’s the perfect companion for the botanical tones of honey, citrus and gin.
Charo with Simple Cornbread
Take Winter warming to an invigorating new level.
Kapiti Te Tihi & Harissa
Adding an exquisite twist to a family classic, our Te Tihi is the centrepiece of this creation.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.