- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can cannelleni beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chorizo sticks, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded smoked fish
- Large handful cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 free range eggs
- 1/2 round of Kāpiti Ramara cheese
- Fresh watercress or rocket
- Handful finely sliced flat leaf parsley
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Crusty breads
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- In an ovenproof skillet, gently fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant and transparent, add paprika and fry for a further minute.
- Add whole peeled tomatoes, tomato paste and beans and simmer for five minutes.
- Add chorizo, smoked fish and cherry tomatoes to the top of the beans, and gently fold through the mixture.
- Press down a small well for each egg and gently crack the eggs into the hole.
- Place into a hot oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- The egg whites will continue to cook when removed from the oven.
- Remove from the oven, add wedges of Kāpiti Ramara cheese, top with greens, lemon juice, seasoning and a drizzle of quality olive oil.
- Serve with hot crusty bread.
You may also like
Gruyere Fondue Chipotle & Bourbon
Mature Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese and bourbon make the perfect bed for this zesty, spice-filled fondue.
Cheese & Chocolate Toastie with Kumara Crisps
Unconventional is what we do best, and what says it better than a chocolate twist on a cheese toastie.
Kapiti Ramara & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Ramara, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.