- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can cannelleni beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chorizo sticks, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded smoked fish
- Large handful cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 free range eggs
- 1/2 round of Kāpiti Ramara cheese
- Fresh watercress or rocket
- Handful finely sliced flat leaf parsley
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Crusty breads
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- In an ovenproof skillet, gently fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant and transparent, add paprika and fry for a further minute.
- Add whole peeled tomatoes, tomato paste and beans and simmer for five minutes.
- Add chorizo, smoked fish and cherry tomatoes to the top of the beans, and gently fold through the mixture.
- Press down a small well for each egg and gently crack the eggs into the hole.
- Place into a hot oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- The egg whites will continue to cook when removed from the oven.
- Remove from the oven, add wedges of Kāpiti Ramara cheese, top with greens, lemon juice, seasoning and a drizzle of quality olive oil.
- Serve with hot crusty bread.
You may also like
Jerk Salmon Po-boy with Kowhai Gruyere
Textured and flavoursome, this is comfort food showing off the best of what our cheeses can do.
Kapiti Smoked Havarti Welsh Rarebit
On dark rye with brown butter mushrooms, our Welsh Rarebit will tantalize your taste buds.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
Charo with Simple Cornbread
Take Winter warming to an invigorating new level.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.