- 400g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere - grated
- 2 tsp bourbon
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Chilli oil
- Walnuts - toasted
- 2 granny smith apples chopped
- Loaf of sourdough, toasted and sliced
- In a sauce pan over a medium heat add bourbon, chicken stock, worcestershire sauce, corn flour. Bring to a slow simmer then add Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere cheese and leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a fondue pot over a medium to low heat to keep warm and melted.
- Add chilli oil and toasted walnut and serve with chopped granny smith apples and toasted sourdough.
You may also like
Kanuka Havarti Smoked Welsh Rarebit
On dark rye with brown butter mushrooms, our Welsh Rarebit will tantalize your taste buds.
Baked Rarama with Fig & Almond Chutney
Creamy baked Kāpiti Rarama Wased Rind cheese with an arrestingly sharp fig and almond chutney.
Cheese & Chocolate Toastie with Kumara Crisps
Unconventional is what we do best, and what says it better than a chocolate twist on a cheese toastie.
Akatea and Prosciutto plate
A decadent assembly of prosciutto, pickled fruit and Akarua Traditional Brie.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.