- 400g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere - grated
- 2 tsp bourbon
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Chilli oil
- Walnuts - toasted
- 2 granny smith apples chopped
- Loaf of sourdough, toasted and sliced
- In a sauce pan over a medium heat add bourbon, chicken stock, worcestershire sauce, corn flour. Bring to a slow simmer then add Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere cheese and leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a fondue pot over a medium to low heat to keep warm and melted.
- Add chilli oil and toasted walnut and serve with chopped granny smith apples and toasted sourdough.
You may also like
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
Scallops on Cauliflower & Ramara Puree
Cauliflower cheese with Poseidon’s twist. A delectably edible collection of melt in the mouth goodies.
Jerk Salmon Po-boy with Kowhai Gruyere
Textured and flavoursome, this is comfort food showing off the best of what our cheeses can do.
Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese in this baked pastitisio introduces an electrifying bite to a wholesome dish.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.