- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 90g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Olive oil, for brushing
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 125g Kāpiti Kikorangi cheese, to serve
- For the crackers, preheat oven to 190°C. In a processor, pulse flour, baking powder,thyme, butter and salt until blended.
- Add water and honey and pulse to form a soft dough. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and roll out to a thickness of around 3mm.
- Using a fluted cookie cutter, cut out crackers, re-rolling dough as needed. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each cracker with olive oil then evenly sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 14 minutes, or until edges are nicely brown and crackers are bubbly and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- For the compote, place the ingredients in a small pan and add a pinch of salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft and the syrup thick and glossy (around 20 minutes). Cool to room temperature. The compote will keep in a jar in the fridge for up to a month.
- Serve Kāpiti Kikorangi blue with compote and thyme and sea salt crackers.
You may also like
Kapiti Rarama & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Rarama Washed Rind, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Scallops on Cauliflower & Rarama Puree
Cauliflower cheese with Poseidon’s twist. A delectably edible collection of melt in the mouth goodies.
Kapiti Te Tihi & Harissa
Adding an exquisite twist to a family classic, our Te Tihi is the centrepiece of this creation.
Kikorangi Triple Cream Blue Mini Galettes with Caramelised Onion, Pear and Prosciutto
These sweet and salty taste sensations are perfect for entertaining.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.