- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 4 Slices of thick white bread
- 1 Tbsp Anchor butter
- 1 medium kumara
- 1 cup Canola oil
- Sea salt
- To make the crisps, heat oil in a deep pan or pot.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel kumara into long strips and drop into the hot oil until browned and crisp.
- Remove from pan using a slotted spoon, transfer onto a paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover a slice of bread in chopped Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere plus a little crushed dark chocolate and top with another slice of bread.
- In a pan over a medium/high heat, melt butter until sizzling.
- Pop the sandwich into the pan until brown on one side with the cheese melting.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with the kumara crisps.
You may also like
Kapiti Ramara & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Ramara, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle
Rich and decadent, this creamy pasta dish delivers unexpected nuttiness and a hit of fragrant herbs.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
Charo with Simple Cornbread
Take Winter warming to an invigorating new level.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.