- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 4 Slices of thick white bread
- 1 Tbsp Anchor butter
- 1 medium kumara
- 1 cup Canola oil
- Sea salt
- To make the crisps, heat oil in a deep pan or pot.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel kumara into long strips and drop into the hot oil until browned and crisp.
- Remove from pan using a slotted spoon, transfer onto a paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover a slice of bread in chopped Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere plus a little crushed dark chocolate and top with another slice of bread.
- In a pan over a medium/high heat, melt butter until sizzling.
- Pop the sandwich into the pan until brown on one side with the cheese melting.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with the kumara crisps.
You may also like
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
Ultimate Spanish Eggs
Filled with smoky aromas, this skillet made dish provides a perfect bed to showcase our delicate Ramara.
Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese in this baked pastitisio introduces an electrifying bite to a wholesome dish.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.