- 1 sheet frozen flaky puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup caramelised onion jam or relish (homemade or store-bought)
- 1½ small pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 75g prosciutto, torn into strips
- 125g Kāpiti Kikorangi cheese
- Rocket leaves or fresh herbs, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a baking tray with non-stick spray.
- Slice the pastry sheet widthways into thirds, then slice each third into 5 small rectangles. Using a round-ended knife, score a border all the way around the inside of each pastry piece, taking care not to cut all the way through. Transfer to the greased tray.
- Prick each pastry piece several times down the middle with a fork and brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Spread each one with a small spoonful of onion jam, avoiding the borders if you can. Top each with 1-2 slices of pear and a twist of prosciutto.
- Bake mini galettes for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Top each galette with a slice of Kikorangi and garnish with rocket leaves or fresh herbs. Alternatively, serve the galettes with the cheese on the side so guests can slice their own.
You may also like
Kapiti Rarama & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Rarama Washed Rind, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Kapiti Te Tihi & Harissa
Adding an exquisite twist to a family classic, our Te Tihi is the centrepiece of this creation.
Bee's Knees Cocktail
Kāpiti’s Smoked Havarti is the bee’s knees of cheese. Buttery, smooth and subtly smoky, it’s the perfect companion for the botanical tones of honey, citrus and gin.
Our multi-award winning creamy Kahikatea Camembert is the perfect partner with a Berry Collins. The smooth & delicate flavour of the Camembert paired with the sweet & tart flavours of the cocktail is a match made in flavour heaven.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.