- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls
- 400g fresh salmon, skin on, bones removed
- 1 large avocado - chopped
Olive Oil Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- finely chopped 1/2 cucumber, deseeded
- finely chopped handful fresh coriander,
- 1 heaped tsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, depending on desired heat
- Place salmon on a plate, season generously on fleshy side with the jerk rub and set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Split the bread rolls, covering base with slices of Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and toast the bread rolls in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- While the rolls are warming, heat a dash of olive oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and cook the salmon skin side down for several minutes until sides start to cook.
- Flip after three minutes (for a rare piece) or six minutes (for well done).
- Remove rolls from the oven, line with slices of avocado, flakes of salmon and cucumber salsa, then serve.
You may also like
Ultimate Spanish Eggs
Filled with smoky aromas, this skillet made dish provides a perfect bed to showcase our delicate Ramara.
Kikorangi, Cauliflower & Pomegranate Salad
A crowd stopping cauliflower salad, erupting with pomegranate seeds and our alluring kikorangi.
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
Charo with Simple Cornbread
Take Winter warming to an invigorating new level.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.