- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls
- 400g fresh salmon, skin on, bones removed
- 1 large avocado - chopped
Olive Oil Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- finely chopped 1/2 cucumber, deseeded
- finely chopped handful fresh coriander,
- 1 heaped tsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, depending on desired heat
- Place salmon on a plate, season generously on fleshy side with the jerk rub and set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Split the bread rolls, covering base with slices of Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and toast the bread rolls in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- While the rolls are warming, heat a dash of olive oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and cook the salmon skin side down for several minutes until sides start to cook.
- Flip after three minutes (for a rare piece) or six minutes (for well done).
- Remove rolls from the oven, line with slices of avocado, flakes of salmon and cucumber salsa, then serve.
You may also like
Gruyere Fondue Chipotle & Bourbon
Mature Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese and bourbon make the perfect bed for this zesty, spice-filled fondue.
Baked Ramara with Fig & Almond Chutney
Creamy baked Kāpiti Ramara cheese with an arrestingly sharp fig and almond chutney.
Kapiti Ramara & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Ramara, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.