- 200g Kāpiti Rarama Washed Rind Cheese wheel
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 6 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crusty French bread
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 165°C.
- Heat brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add figs and vanilla extract and cook for 10 minutes until softened. Stir in almonds.
- Place Kapiti Rarama wheel in a baking dish and pour fig mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until softened but not melted.
- Sprinkle with a couple more almonds and fresh rosemary and serve with thick slices of crusty French bread.
You may also like
Jerk Salmon Po-boy with Kowhai Gruyere
Textured and flavoursome, this is comfort food showing off the best of what our cheeses can do.
Gruyere Fondue Chipotle & Bourbon
Mature Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese and bourbon make the perfect bed for this zesty, spice-filled fondue.
Cauliflower & Seafood Chowder
Sophisticated and punchy, this is a soup with a kick.
Scallops on Cauliflower & Rarama Puree
Cauliflower cheese with Poseidon’s twist. A delectably edible collection of melt in the mouth goodies.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.