- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 500g papardelle pasta
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 15 medium sized mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 150ml of cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook papardelle according to packet instructions.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet, bring to a sizzle before adding mushrooms and fry until tender and well browned.
- Add macadamia nuts and allow them to cook until browned.
- Lastly add garlic, fresh thyme, Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and cream, simmering until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Toss the sauce through cooked pasta, top with an egg yolk and serve with extra grated Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere.
You may also like
Bee's Knees Cocktail
Kāpiti’s Smoked Havarti is the bee’s knees of cheese. Buttery, smooth and subtly smoky, it’s the perfect companion for the botanical tones of honey, citrus and gin.
Kikorangi Triple Cream Blue with Sticky Honey and Wine compote
Served with thyme and sea salt crackers. Take entertaining to a new level.
Ultimate Spanish Eggs
Filled with smoky aromas, this skillet made dish provides a perfect bed to showcase our delicate Ramara.
Gruyere Fondue Chipotle & Bourbon
Mature Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese and bourbon make the perfect bed for this zesty, spice-filled fondue.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.