- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 500g papardelle pasta
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 15 medium sized mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 150ml of cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook papardelle according to packet instructions.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet, bring to a sizzle before adding mushrooms and fry until tender and well browned.
- Add macadamia nuts and allow them to cook until browned.
- Lastly add garlic, fresh thyme, Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and cream, simmering until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Toss the sauce through cooked pasta, top with an egg yolk and serve with extra grated Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere.
You may also like
Scallops on Cauliflower & Ramara Puree
Cauliflower cheese with Poseidon’s twist. A delectably edible collection of melt in the mouth goodies.
Jerk Salmon Po-boy with Kowhai Gruyere
Textured and flavoursome, this is comfort food showing off the best of what our cheeses can do.
Gruyere Fondue Yakitori
A Japanese take on a Swiss classic. Full of crunch and bite.
Ultimate Spanish Eggs
Filled with smoky aromas, this skillet made dish provides a perfect bed to showcase our delicate Ramara.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.