- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 500g papardelle pasta
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 15 medium sized mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 150ml of cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook papardelle according to packet instructions.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet, bring to a sizzle before adding mushrooms and fry until tender and well browned.
- Add macadamia nuts and allow them to cook until browned.
- Lastly add garlic, fresh thyme, Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and cream, simmering until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Toss the sauce through cooked pasta, top with an egg yolk and serve with extra grated Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere.
You may also like
Kapiti Te Tihi & Harissa
Adding an exquisite twist to a family classic, our Te Tihi is the centrepiece of this creation.
Scallops on Cauliflower & Rarama Puree
Cauliflower cheese with Poseidon’s twist. A delectably edible collection of melt in the mouth goodies.
Kanuka Havarti Smoked Welsh Rarebit
On dark rye with brown butter mushrooms, our Welsh Rarebit will tantalize your taste buds.
Jerk Salmon Po-boy with Kowhai Gruyere
Textured and flavoursome, this is comfort food showing off the best of what our cheeses can do.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.