- 200g Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere
- 500g papardelle pasta
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 15 medium sized mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 150ml of cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook papardelle according to packet instructions.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet, bring to a sizzle before adding mushrooms and fry until tender and well browned.
- Add macadamia nuts and allow them to cook until browned.
- Lastly add garlic, fresh thyme, Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere and cream, simmering until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Toss the sauce through cooked pasta, top with an egg yolk and serve with extra grated Kāpiti Kowhai Gruyere.
You may also like
Kikorangi, Cauliflower & Pomegranate Salad
A crowd stopping cauliflower salad, erupting with pomegranate seeds and our alluring kikorangi.
Kapiti Tuteremoana & Harissa
Adding an exquisite twist to a family classic, our Tuteremoana is the centrepiece of this creation.
Kapiti Ramara & Chorizo Platter
Baked Kapiti Ramara, grilled chorizo with pickled shallots. Experience Spain in your own home.
Gruyere Fondue Chipotle & Bourbon
Mature Kāpiti Gruyere Cheese and bourbon make the perfect bed for this zesty, spice-filled fondue.
We are passionate in our pursuit of taste. If you are too, sign up to our ‘Tasting Board’ for a taste of what we’re up to.